Organising a funeral can be broken down into three sections:
- Information for legal documents gathered.
- Funeral Service details discussed and organised.
- Funeral Service conducted.
Information gathered at the funeral arrangement is required to register the death with the Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages and is required by law. We also gather information for cremation paperwork or burial application. From this information proof of identity is made, Government statistics compiled, genealogical statistics collected, the death is registered, and a Registered Death Certificate is issued.
This information includes:
- Name, Sex and Address
- Date of Birth and Date of Death
- Place of Birth and Place of Death
- Occupation during working life
- If the deceased was born overseas, when they first arrived in Australia
- Whether or not the deceased was of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin
- Marital Status and Marriage Details
- Details about the deceased’s spouse (incl maiden names), parents and children
- Next of Kin Details (Applicant’s details)
Organising the details of the funeral service such as Cremation, Church, Chapel or Garden service, Minister or Celebrant, Viewing and/or Dressing, Casket or Coffin type, Floral tributes or Donations, Death and/or Funeral notices are all items that you will have to consider. There are a number of other questions that will be asked as in pallbearers, catering and music or hymns. As you can see there is a lot of decisions that go into funeral arrangements so it is wise to think about them early.
The funeral service. This is the point where all the decisions that you have made are put into place and are attended to in a timely and dignified manner. During the funeral, the staff of Townsville Cremations attend to all details so you don’t have to worry or be distracted. It is our aim to give our clients the very best care and personal attention we can provide.
Funeral Arrangement Documents
Download our Funeral Arrangement PDFs to help with funeral service arrangements in advance.