The Role Of the funeral director
A Funeral Director is no different to any other professional person who you may need to call on for a specialised service. The Funeral Director performs a unique role in the community providing a service to families when a loved one dies.
At Townsville Funerals, Cremations and Crematorium we are committed to offering you personal, specialist care in your time of need.
Services provided by Townsville Funerals, Cremations and Crematorium
Guidance, care and attention from a team of professionally trained staff 24 hours of every day.
- Arranging for the deceased person to be taken into care whether that be from a private home, a nursing home or most hospitals 24 hours of every day.
- Registration of death with the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- Personal consultation with the family about funeral arrangements and details for the service.
- Arranging all choices that a family have made, namely the arrangement of a church, a chapel, crematorium, cemetery, minister or celebrant.
- Provision of coffin or casket, flowers, newspaper notices (if requested) etc.
of mortuary care.
(Preparing the deceased person for viewing)
- The preparation and the transfer of the deceased person locally or interstate as necessary, together with all legal requirements.
- Personal attendance of professional staff for the funeral ceremony as necessary
- Assistance in arranging of music or special requests that are required for the funeral ceremony.
- We are here for you, we will listen, offer guidance and support every step of the way to make your families time of farewell meaningful and personal.